Japanese Lobster Salad Ingredients
- HPP Lobster (tails & claws: 2-4 oz each, knuckles, legs – thawed)
- Spicy Ponzu Sauce (see below)
- Avocado (half; sliced)
- Honey-crisp apple (one; sliced)
- English cucumber (quarter; sliced)
- Pickled ginger
- Serrano chili (sliced; can sub jalapeño)
- Scallion (chopped)
- Sesame seeds
- Shiso leaves
- Thai basil
- Sesame oil
Spicy Ponzu Sauce Ingredients
- Sweet chili sauce (250ml)
- 100 ml Ponzu vinegar (can substitute seasoned rice vinegar)
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 1 Thai chili
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- Prepare the Spicy Ponzu Sauce. Combine all ingredients in blender; puree, then pass through a fine sieve and reserve.
- Steam lobster pieces until reaching an internal temperature of 73° C / 165° F (approximately 3-4 minutes). Reserve and chill. Slice tail into large bite-size pieces.
- For assembly. Begin assembling in mixing bowl. Combine lobster, avocado, apple & cucumber; add enough spicy ponzu to coat.
- Transfer to two plates, layering the lobster, avocado, cucumber & apple carefully. Spoon over ponzu to taste. Garnish with pickled ginger, chopped scallion, Shiso leaves, Thai basil, and sesame oil.