Japanese Lobster Salad with Spicy Ponzu Sauce
The Ponzu sauce used in this lobster salad gives a spicy twist to the classic Japanese condiment. When using our HPP lobster, you can put this delicious dish together in no time at all.
Japanese Lobster Salad Ingredients
- HPP Lobster (tails & claws: 2-4 oz each, knuckles, legs – thawed)
- Spicy Ponzu Sauce (see below)
- Avocado (half; sliced)
- Honey-crisp apple (one; sliced)
- English cucumber (quarter; sliced)
- Pickled ginger
- Serrano chili (sliced; can sub jalapeño)
- Scallion (chopped)
- Sesame seeds
- Shiso leaves
- Thai basil
- Sesame oil
Spicy Ponzu Sauce Ingredients
- Sweet chili sauce (250ml)
- 100 ml Ponzu vinegar (can substitute seasoned rice vinegar)
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 1 Thai chili
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- Prepare the Spicy Ponzu Sauce. Combine all ingredients in blender; puree, then pass through a fine sieve and reserve.
- Steam lobster pieces until reaching an internal temperature of 73° C / 165° F (approximately 3-4 minutes). Reserve and chill. Slice tail into large bite-size pieces.
- For assembly. Begin assembling in mixing bowl. Combine lobster, avocado, apple & cucumber; add enough spicy ponzu to coat.
- Transfer to two plates, layering the lobster, avocado, cucumber & apple carefully. Spoon over ponzu to taste. Garnish with pickled ginger, chopped scallion, Shiso leaves, Thai basil, and sesame oil.
HPP raw frozen lobster is the preferred choice for top chefs globally.
Get yours today.