Permanent Employment/ Full time
$18-$22/hour, 30-40 hours per week
Location: Centreville, Digby Neck, NS B0V 1A0
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of shellfish processor workers
- Audit quality control of raw materials, packaging components, labels, and
finished products to ensure compliance with established specifications and
- Follow up with implemented programs (GMPs, Good Hygiene Practices,
HACCP, Allergen Control, Cleaning and Sanitation, Pest Control, Equipment Calibration, Organic Certification, etc.) to ensure compliance by all employees and other personnel in the manufacturing facility.
- Make proactive recommendations and offering /presenting solutions to the Quality Systems & Regulatory Compliance Department Management to improve quality and work efficiency.
- Maintain a fair and professional work environment that focuses on the business objectives, but also balances the quality of work-life factors for employees.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Share knowledge, skills, and information with other personnel in the Quality Systems & Regulatory Compliance Department and across functional areas.
- Assist in investigating and correcting quality-related issues (including customer complaints) through collaboration with other departments.
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science preferably in Food Science or a related field
(Meat Science, Biology, Microbiology, Food Microbiology, etc.).
- At least 2 years of work experience as a quality control supervisor in the food industry.
- A good knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices, and food Safety (BRCGS).
- Ability to work under pressure (in an extremely fast-paced environment), meet deadlines (overtime work required), and make effective decisions.
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications) and computer-based applications).
- Physically demanding;
- Must be able to lift to 30 lbs, if required.
- Must be able to stand in one position for a long period.
- Comfortable working in wet conditions
- High school English OR Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) 5
- Bus transportation provided on main routes from Cornwallis, Digby and Weymouth
- Health Benefit (upon completion of 6 months of continuous employment & minimum of 35 hours/week)
In person: 136 Dakin Park Rd., Centreville, NS B0V 1A0
Permanent Employment/ Full time
$15.00/hour, up to 40 hours per week
Start date: As soon as possible
We are seeking:
- Dependable workers
- Workers who are able to perform physically demanding work
We are offering:
- Location: Centreville, Digby Neck, NS B0V 1A0
- Salary: $15.00 hourly
- Up to 40 hours per week
- Benefits after 6 months
- Full time, year-round work
- Trainings provided
- Transportation provided on main routes from Cornwallis, Digby, and Weymouth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
In person: 136 Dakin Park Road, Centreville, NS B0V 1A)
Gidney Fisheries is continually seeking reliable workers to join our team.
If you are interested in a position as a shellfish processor in the high-pressure processing or live department, please complete the application form. If you are a suitable candidate we will reply back to your application.